Friday 15 August 2014

Bloom with Blendabilites

Hello Everyone

Today's trio of cards are made using the Blendabilites alcohol markers from Stampin' Up! For those not familiar with this type of marker, they come in packs of 3 - a light, medium and dark tone of the same colour. The markers allow you to blend colours together for a beautiful effect. If you want to try this yourself, you will also need the Memento black ink - stazon is also alcohol based so will smear if you try to use it with Blendabilites.

I have a video coming up on Tuesday to show you more, but here are some of my projects made using the Bloom with Hope stamp set.


This one uses the skin tone markers for the pink flower. Skintones are actually a set of 6 pinks and browns which make a very useful set for all sorts of subjects - not just skin! The yellow is the Daffodil Delight set. The darker tones of this co-ordinate well with our Hello Honey colour too.



This next one shows the Real Red and Old Olive colour sets. Colouring with these markers is so easy and the effect is lovely.


And here is my favourite of the three. So vibrant. I first stamped direct on to the white and just coloured in with the palest red. Then I stamped again, coloured with all three reds and two yellows and then cut that flower out and popped it up on dimensionals. To me it looks real - I never thought I would be able to get that effect so easily. 


Pop back on Tuesday for a Blendabilites video - and if you want to order some for yourself, check out my online store here - and don't forget the Memento Ink if you don't already have some. :)

Love Elizabeth X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.